It is a known fact by now that Document Management Solutions can simplify the process of document management and enhance organisational processes. However, implementing this idea can be a daunting task. Taking stock of all your documents, digitizing the physical copies and moving to the electronic platform is indeed a Herculean task. This is when DMS experts come to your rescue. All you need to do is outsource document management to them and stop worrying about the technicalities of the transition. Whether it’s setting up storage facilities or avoiding risky errors, outsourcing document management to a trustworthy and professional DMS service provider is definitely the right choice to make. Do you still want to give it a second thought? Let us help you to take the right decision. Listing down the 6 reasons why you should outsource document management. Continue reading 6 Reasons to Outsource Document Management Right Now!
Security is an imperative topic in document management solutions. In fact, most enterprises choose to go for an electronic document management solution primarily to ensure files are defended against physical or virtual threats. So what’s in a DMS that makes it such a secure tool for document management? We’ll tell you. Here’s a rundown on the five major elements that assure the security of your documents.
- Orderly Circulation of Documents
Many customers who see potential in using document management solutions often find themselves puzzled while making the choice between cloud-based or in-premises installation. While making this crucial choice, you need to familiarize yourself with the differences between the two, along with their pros and cons. Once you acquaint yourself with your options for installation, you can make a choice that suits your organization best. Here are 7 important factors for consideration that will help you decide between cloud-based or in-premise document management solution.
1. Type Of Organization Continue reading What’s Ideal? In-Premise DMS or Cloud-based DMS?
Implementation of next generation services in today’s workplaces has become a necessity. While we experience this transition from old to new, from analog to digital, there’s a dire need for intelligent and rational solutions in the workplace. Document Management Solutions, or DMS, has recently occupied that spot as a technical facility in almost all reputable enterprises. Put in a nutshell, DMS is a way to store, manage, and keep track of documents on a common server space.
The features of manual document management simply cannot compare to the ease and comfort of using DMS services. Continue reading DMS: The Harbinger of the Digital Revolution
As AI (Artificial Intelligence) is gearing up to take over the world, the way organisations work is changing by each day. Automation is becoming the need of the hour and reduced human intervention seems to be the goal of tomorrow. Cost-effective, less time-consuming processes are fast replacing traditional, manpower-driven workflows. In such a scenario, it is but obvious that document management solutions are most relied upon by organisations, irrespective of their size, product and expanse. Here’s why we think document management solutions are soon going to be the future of organisational excellence.
- They are smart solutions
Document management solutions help you preserve your physical documents for long. But that’s not all! The longevity of confidential documents also has an impact on business continuity and long-term returns. Hence, it is important to take a wise decision when you choose a document management solution. There can be a huge difference between planning to install a document management solution and actually implementing a DMS that simplifies your business process.
Irrespective of the DMS that you finalize upon, these 12 features are a must in a document management solution. Here’s the list:
- Document indexing – Document indexing refers to segregating documents according to the categories of document mostly dealt with by your organisation. It also helps to add additional information to a document. For example, adding client details to the invoices can help to retrieve documents based on both invoice number as well as client name. Thus, document indexing helps to reduce time during search and retrieval of documents.
- Folder structure – Having a customized folder structure in place helps to fasten work processes. Your DMS should have different folders for different departments or user groups. To ensure data security, access to these folders should be restricted to only a few user groups. This can help to prevent other user groups from accessing important and confidential data.
- Workflow – Work flows faster and generates quick results when work processes are aligned to the needs of the business. Customized workflow designs can help with requisitions, approvals and workflow management. It can help to detect bottlenecks and prevent damage or delays.
- Document sets – An efficient document management system always helps to auto-link multiple documents. These auto-linked documents, irrespective of their location, can be stored as ‘document sets’. Sets work like virtual folders and help you retrieve multiple documents with a single click.
- Document Templates – Document management systems not only help to manage existing documents but also simplify the document generation process. If a DMS comes with customized document templates, bulk document generation can be a cake walk! What’s more, it ensures minimal human intervention!
- OCR – Technology is put to best use only if a DMS comes with a built-in OCR. Optical Character Recognition (OCR) is a tool that helps to retrieve documents based on the content that they contain. This tool can be employed during the indexing phase for document retrieval within seconds!
- Encryption – The primary role of a DMS is to provide data security. This is done by document encryption. If a DMS encrypts the documents uploaded on its server, you can trust it for data security. It helps to restrict unauthorized access. So, even if a hacker downloads your confidential documents, he/she cannot decrypt it at their own whims!
- Structured search – Documents are not always retrieved by their names or their content. At times, you’d want to retrieve documents falling in a certain period of time. Perhaps your query may be entirely different. If the DMS you choose comes with a query builder and performs structured search of documents, you’re getting the best deal! Structured search can also help you generate reports. You can save the query and use it anytime you like!
- Data Import – If the volume of your documents is high and the data to be fed in indexing fields is already available in some other software solution like ERP, you can simply import that data into a document management solution. If the DMS you’re thinking about lets you do that, go for it. Make sure, it also accepts data entry in CSV or similar formats and auto-links the same with the documents uploaded.
- Universal File Viewer – The types of documents an organisation has to deal with can be varied. Does that mean you hunt for varied executable files to view varied documents? NO!! The perfect document management solution will never let you waste time on that. It has to offer you the ‘Universal File Viewer’ feature. This way, you can view documents belonging to 22 file formats! (without having to wonder how to!) 🙂
- Web-based access – The most user-friendly DMS is the one which lets you manage your documents on the go. Your location, your time zone, your gadget should have nothing to do with the documents that you wish to work on. If the DMS offers web-based access, you have control over your documents 24×7. More productivity, better use of time!
- Integration – Even if you’ve found the best document management solution, if it does not work in tandem with your existing process solutions, it is a total waste of investment. The ideal DMS is the one which integrates with any process solution or software solution that makes your workplace smarter and complete!
Wondering where you’d find the best deal? Connect with us!
A paperless filing system offers many important business benefits including:
- Greater organization— If you have ever had the frustrating experience of trying to locate a document in a stack of papers or in an overloaded file cabinet, you’ll appreciate how much easier your work life will be with an office paperless software solution. You can quickly and easily access specific documents on your computer by performing a fast search by file name, date or keyword.
- Cost savings— The expenses associated with a paper filing system extend beyond the cost of the paper. There’s also the cost of printer maintenance, ink, filing cabinets, storage space, and the manual labor involved with filing. With paperless document management, these costs will be reduced significantly, which can have a major impact on your company’s bottom line.
- Increased data security— Going to great lengths to protect confidential data is an absolute necessity, especially in industries such as healthcare and securities that must adhere to strict government regulations. Paperless filing software gives you greater control over who has access to sensitive patient or client information and how this data is shared with others, while helping you remain in compliance from a legal standpoint.
- Physical protection— Think of what would happen if you maintain a paper filing system that’s damaged or destroyed by a flood, fire or other disaster. Vital data would be lost forever. Paperless office solutions eliminate this worry once and for all. You’ll be able to store critical information in the cloud, and as long as there’s an Internet, you’ll always be able to retrieve your data!
- Enhanced file sharing capabilities— In order to share a paper file with a colleague, it must be physically transported to the individual. The transportation of the file takes time, and it may require an additional shipping expense. Faxing is another option, but this can also involve additional phone costs, as well as lead to potential security and privacy issues. Paperless document management offers the convenience and security of sending a document from one computer to another in a matter of seconds.
Take a look at your desk and around your office. Do you see stacks of paper that are creating confusing clutter and taking up space? Does it always seem to take forever to find the document you’re looking for? Is a lack of organization caused by a paper avalanche making you less productive than you should be?
The good news is that you can easily reduce the amount of paper flowing through your office with the help of paperless document management software from ShareDocs Enterpriser. Our intuitive paperless office solutions allow you to easily capture, store, manage, share and protect your critical business data, so you can dramatically improve your file management process and save time and money.
Paper is obsolete. Technology is no longer a revolution; instead, it is something that has become intrinsic to modern society. Computers are the size of your hand, people are more connected than ever, and printing, filing or mailing documents is something you should never have to do again. As a business owner, it’s time for you to take that next step and finally utilize paperless systems. There are countless advantages, and you’re sure to love the instant impact it can have on your company.
- Instant Savings
The best business decisions are the ones that save you money, and choosing a system like ShareDocs Enterpriser absolutely falls into that category. You’re wasting money every day on paper, ink, and other printing supplies, not to mention the cost of storage space, cabinets and physical filing systems. Digital files are free once the hardware is in place, and you can forget about expenses like printer repair jobs.
- Top-Notch Organization
Even without the significant savings you’re sure to experience, you’d still love a paperless document management system because it is simply superior to a physical system when it comes to ease of use and organization. Looking for old files in a physical cabinet can be frustrating and can take hours, and you still may not find what you need. With a virtual system, you can search by date, file name or keyword, and you’ll have your results in seconds. Best of all, you can do that without setting foot inside of the office.
- Sharing and File Transfers
You know how connected the world is with social media and instant communications, and your document management system needs to be up to par. With a virtual system, any file can easily be securely shared directly to another computer within seconds. With cloud-based systems, any user with the proper interface and permissions can log on from any location and access files. Sharing has never been so safe and easy, and you’ll love how free-flowing information helps any business function at a high level.
- Next-Generation Security
Additionally, a system like ShareDocs Enterpriser offers unprecedented safety and security. Audit trails mean you know exactly who has access to the files and enables compliance with document regulations. Also, you can determine permissions levels—who can see, edit, and share files is within your control. Even which files each user can see is predetermined and controlled by the system, giving you privacy, security, and control.
- Total Loss Protection
Finally, you’ll love how a virtual system ensures that your documents and records are protected from any physical dangers, such as a fire or a flood. While the physical damage to the offices will need to be repaired, your company will retain cloud-based documentation so that business-as-usual isn’t interrupted, and you don’t miss a beat.