Many customers who see potential in using document management solutions often find themselves puzzled while making the choice between cloud-based or in-premises installation. While making this crucial choice, you need to familiarize yourself with the differences between the two, along with their pros and cons. Once you acquaint yourself with your options for installation, you can make a choice that suits your organization best. Here are 7 important factors for consideration that will help you decide between cloud-based or in-premise document management solution.
1. Type Of Organization Continue reading What’s Ideal? In-Premise DMS or Cloud-based DMS?
A paperless filing system offers many important business benefits including:
- Greater organization— If you have ever had the frustrating experience of trying to locate a document in a stack of papers or in an overloaded file cabinet, you’ll appreciate how much easier your work life will be with an office paperless software solution. You can quickly and easily access specific documents on your computer by performing a fast search by file name, date or keyword.
- Cost savings— The expenses associated with a paper filing system extend beyond the cost of the paper. There’s also the cost of printer maintenance, ink, filing cabinets, storage space, and the manual labor involved with filing. With paperless document management, these costs will be reduced significantly, which can have a major impact on your company’s bottom line.
- Increased data security— Going to great lengths to protect confidential data is an absolute necessity, especially in industries such as healthcare and securities that must adhere to strict government regulations. Paperless filing software gives you greater control over who has access to sensitive patient or client information and how this data is shared with others, while helping you remain in compliance from a legal standpoint.
- Physical protection— Think of what would happen if you maintain a paper filing system that’s damaged or destroyed by a flood, fire or other disaster. Vital data would be lost forever. Paperless office solutions eliminate this worry once and for all. You’ll be able to store critical information in the cloud, and as long as there’s an Internet, you’ll always be able to retrieve your data!
- Enhanced file sharing capabilities— In order to share a paper file with a colleague, it must be physically transported to the individual. The transportation of the file takes time, and it may require an additional shipping expense. Faxing is another option, but this can also involve additional phone costs, as well as lead to potential security and privacy issues. Paperless document management offers the convenience and security of sending a document from one computer to another in a matter of seconds.