ShareDocs Enterpriser is an ideal match for your pile of documents. Noted. Now that’s something almost every document management solution can help you with. Then what actually makes ShareDocs Enterpriser stand above its competition? Its capability to auto-link documents to one record. True that! We’ve proposed this solution to so many HR teams and consulting firms and we have them coming back to us with “immediate deployment” emails!
The simple reason why this is happening to us is the fact that we’ve understood their need. Each one of us knows how tedious it is to take care of documents and their copies. Add an employee count of 10000 or 100000 to it! Multiply this count with at least 15 documents coming from each employee. Ever wondered how HR executives take care of all of these documents and also face compliance and audit rounds? Having a DMS at their beck and call definitely reduces their load as all documents are found on a software’s platform. What sets ShareDocs Enterpriser apart from all document management solutions is its feature called ‘Document Sets’.
This feature helps the DMS admin to create a set of employee documents. Once the system has understood the logic behind clipping related documents to each other (by the common data found in each of these, employee code for instance), the DMS automatically links the documents as and when they are uploaded. When retrieving the documents of one employee, the HR executive then just has to feed in the employee code into ShareDocs Enterpriser and the job is done! All documents uploaded against that record show up on the screen. What’s more, you can also view the list of missing documents: documents not submitted yet as well as documents that have been lost at any point.
A leading manufacturing company’s HR manager recently told us how relieved she feels after having set up ShareDocs Enterpriser in her organisation. From the time she assumed the role of the HR head until she started using ShareDocs Enterpriser, she says, she only kept wondering how she’d accommodate and maintain documents of the 7000 employees that work for her corporation. Her lit-up face and the comfort that she finds in retrieving documents post a few clicks just goes to show how ShareDocs Enterpriser has been able to identify her problem area and fix it for her.
This and many other functionalities that ShareDocs Enterpriser boasts of are the very reason why the DMS is able to create a huge demand in the market. What’s most important is the fact that ShareDocs Enterpriser has been developed after considering all possible loopholes in a typical DMS and the issues that DMS users face. That’s the reason why ShareDocs Enterpriser comes with an email feature that lets you send a document to an internal or external recipient. If the recipient is a ShareDocs Enterpriser user, he can easily look up the document. If it is sent to an external recipient, the sender can either let the recipient download the document or view it on a clickable link that expires on a date and hour set up by the sender. Isn’t that effective?
What’s your take on this?
Document management solutions help you preserve your physical documents for long. But that’s not all! The longevity of confidential documents also has an impact on business continuity and long-term returns. Hence, it is important to take a wise decision when you choose a document management solution. There can be a huge difference between planning to install a document management solution and actually implementing a DMS that simplifies your business process.
Irrespective of the DMS that you finalize upon, these 12 features are a must in a document management solution. Here’s the list:
- Document indexing – Document indexing refers to segregating documents according to the categories of document mostly dealt with by your organisation. It also helps to add additional information to a document. For example, adding client details to the invoices can help to retrieve documents based on both invoice number as well as client name. Thus, document indexing helps to reduce time during search and retrieval of documents.
- Folder structure – Having a customized folder structure in place helps to fasten work processes. Your DMS should have different folders for different departments or user groups. To ensure data security, access to these folders should be restricted to only a few user groups. This can help to prevent other user groups from accessing important and confidential data.
- Workflow – Work flows faster and generates quick results when work processes are aligned to the needs of the business. Customized workflow designs can help with requisitions, approvals and workflow management. It can help to detect bottlenecks and prevent damage or delays.
- Document sets – An efficient document management system always helps to auto-link multiple documents. These auto-linked documents, irrespective of their location, can be stored as ‘document sets’. Sets work like virtual folders and help you retrieve multiple documents with a single click.
- Document Templates – Document management systems not only help to manage existing documents but also simplify the document generation process. If a DMS comes with customized document templates, bulk document generation can be a cake walk! What’s more, it ensures minimal human intervention!
- OCR – Technology is put to best use only if a DMS comes with a built-in OCR. Optical Character Recognition (OCR) is a tool that helps to retrieve documents based on the content that they contain. This tool can be employed during the indexing phase for document retrieval within seconds!
- Encryption – The primary role of a DMS is to provide data security. This is done by document encryption. If a DMS encrypts the documents uploaded on its server, you can trust it for data security. It helps to restrict unauthorized access. So, even if a hacker downloads your confidential documents, he/she cannot decrypt it at their own whims!
- Structured search – Documents are not always retrieved by their names or their content. At times, you’d want to retrieve documents falling in a certain period of time. Perhaps your query may be entirely different. If the DMS you choose comes with a query builder and performs structured search of documents, you’re getting the best deal! Structured search can also help you generate reports. You can save the query and use it anytime you like!
- Data Import – If the volume of your documents is high and the data to be fed in indexing fields is already available in some other software solution like ERP, you can simply import that data into a document management solution. If the DMS you’re thinking about lets you do that, go for it. Make sure, it also accepts data entry in CSV or similar formats and auto-links the same with the documents uploaded.
- Universal File Viewer – The types of documents an organisation has to deal with can be varied. Does that mean you hunt for varied executable files to view varied documents? NO!! The perfect document management solution will never let you waste time on that. It has to offer you the ‘Universal File Viewer’ feature. This way, you can view documents belonging to 22 file formats! (without having to wonder how to!) 🙂
- Web-based access – The most user-friendly DMS is the one which lets you manage your documents on the go. Your location, your time zone, your gadget should have nothing to do with the documents that you wish to work on. If the DMS offers web-based access, you have control over your documents 24×7. More productivity, better use of time!
- Integration – Even if you’ve found the best document management solution, if it does not work in tandem with your existing process solutions, it is a total waste of investment. The ideal DMS is the one which integrates with any process solution or software solution that makes your workplace smarter and complete!
Wondering where you’d find the best deal? Connect with us!